How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Weigh in and 2 quick questions

OK so at least the scale is moving from when I went on my two week haitus. I am now down to a respectful 159.4. According to my spreadsheet last week I am on point. for next week my goal is 156.8. That means I have to get in all 6 workouts and have a daily caloric average of 1371.

After that I will be going back to the states for two weeks. I plan on doing only 3 workouts per week and have a daily caloric average of 1550. So my goal for when I come back to Bangkok is to be a slim and trim 155.4. My goal is to try to make my plan and then see if the results at the end of the week equal my output.

Has anyone else used the Harris Benedict formula or the Katch-McArdle formula for weight loss purposes?

Also I've noticed that in order to keep my weight going down I HAVE to count my calories. Like really really specifically. So for lunch for example I ordered a sandwich and fries from a deli. I literally counted out the steak fries to 10 (I think I received 18) and counted them on fitday along with the rest of the meal. Afterwards I had to throw out the other 8 fries. Now my mother NEVER let me throw away food. As an adult I would always clean my plate. Now I find that I have to throw out the extras because 1) I don't want to count the calories and 2) if I don't throw it away I will end up eating it later.

Do you guys throw out food now and if so does it make you feel guilty?

No comments:

Post a Comment