How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What the skinny chicks won't tell you

Ok I like to people watch...

I find that normally a person is too shy to tell you at times how they are successful (they don't want to boast) so I people watch.

The skinny chicks have ways of keeping themselves slim.

Rather than ask I just watch a few of my skinny friends and their habits vs my thick friends. This is what I've found.

Eating Out

Skinny chicks like to eat out like the next person, but they don't allow it to ruin their bodies. Here are some things that I've noticed.

1) They will share appetizers and desserts. This allows them to split the calories between themselves.

2) They drink! Rather than focus on the foods served at parties, skinny chicks like to have a drink in their hands and focus on conversation with people. Although alcohol has calories they tend to have one or two drinks and very little to eat. Normally they will eat before they leave home so that they are not hungry at the party.

At work

1) They drink! Go by any skinny chicks desk and you will find beverages (water, tea, coffee, diet soda). The secret behind this is that they tend to snack less if they have liquids in their stomachs. According to wikipedia you actually will think you are hungry when you are really thirsty. To curb hunger pangs try having something to drink first. A majority of the time you weren't actually hungry but thirsty.

They do the same thing when people at work have a party. Rather than load up on chips, dip, and cake they will have a drink (soda) in their hand. This way they don't look anit-social and they don't have to worry about someone handing them a plate of food.

2)They bring their lunch. Look at a skinny girls lunch. Normally it is something they made at home or one of those Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, or Smart Ones. Another thing I have seen are cans of soup. It is really simple, cheap, and because of the water content very filling. Just watch the sodium content if you are prone to high blood pressure.

3) When they do go out for lunch they normally get a salad or they have half of their entree boxed up (which they eat for dinner that night or lunch the next day).

Exercise

1) They play sports. Skinny chicks actually make their exercise fun! They are a part of hiking groups, or on the neighborhood volleyball or tennis team. Calories burned but you didn't even realize it.

2) They exercise together. Rather than panting on the treadmill alone skinny chicks get together and go hiking or walking and chat about their day as a stress reliever. Thick chicks normally get together and go to the restaurant or they actually go hiking but stop by McDonalds on the way home:) (I can only say this because I've been a thick chick and I've done it.)

3) They play with their kids. Thick chicks and skinny chicks both take their kids to the park to play but I noticed something. A lot of skinny chicks play with their kids at the park. They actually get on the swing and run around a little. I take my kids to the park and while they play I either chase them or do my own park workout (I'll share that with you in another post).

Follow some or all of these and you might find your inner skinny chick.


Coming up...How to set yourself up for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment