How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

The Importance of Goal Setting


I weighed in today at 157.1. I know it seems like I gained weight over the past week. I assure you that isn't the case. My period actually comes on next week and I gain 2-3 pounds of water weight before my period. The reason I told you guys this is so that I can be accountable but also to show you that at times the scale won't reflect the work that you are putting in. The important thing to remember is that you can push through, you can reach your goals, and the scale will lie at times.

I will weigh in next week and it will probably say something in the neighborhood of 152-154. This will lead you guys to think I lost 5 pounds in a week. That is also not the case. But once the water weight is gone we can see my progress.

Anyhoo on to the importance of goal setting.It is important to have something to look at when you are pushing through. This is to will yourself to continue. To remind yourself why you take the long walks for exercise, why you deny yourself a donut or two, why you at times avoid going out to eat at a restaurant with friends. The count has to be right. Exercise - calories in = weight loss. The count is your friend. It is what will make sure you lose weight each week. The count is the reason you keep pushing on. For the sake of being funny I added a picture of my friend "The Count" By the way your motivation should be someone that is close to your height and a weight that can be attained (i.e. no supermodels unless you are 5'10).

What is your goal? What person (i.e. actress/singer etc) is your motivation?

5 comments:

  1. hey girl,thank you for stopping by i love your site,you look amazing ,great job girl :) i look forward too losing some weight soon :) stop by anytime hugss cilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to be healthier and stronger. I would love to be in a healthy weight range 170-180. I know that all this weight I carry around CANNOT be good for my heart. My motivation ranges from Kim Kardashian to Serena Williams, I love the curve yet fit look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the curvy but fit look to. I don't want to be a stick figure. When I walk I want to feel feminie. I think Beyonce, Kim Kardashian, and Serena Williams have that perfect balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mandy,
    You are so right about goals - without goals there is no focus. I love your blog! Thanks for visiting me.

    Love the Count picture. LOL!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy I really like tis blog, I gave you an award on my page! Check it out

    ReplyDelete