How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

What to do while you are losing

Okay so you've been losing weight for the past couple of weeks and the clothes that are starting to get loose and feel comfortable are starting to get too loose. What do you do. You don't want to go and buy new clothes because you don't want to spend money on clothes that you won't be able to wear in a month. But you can't wear the same clothes to work because now they are falling off of you:) What a great problem to have right.

There are several options for you:

1) Go to the thrift store. This is really fun. My daughter and I googled thrift store in our home town and found several stores. They are fun. You can try on various clothes and for a low amount buy clothes that you can wear as you continue to lose.

2) Go shopping in your own closet. If you are like me you have several sizes in your closet. Go looking in those boxes and find the clothes that you promised yourself you would wear when you lose weight. By now they will fit.

3) Go shopping in someone else's closet. This step is really fun. Go shopping in a girlfriends closet, relatives closets (if they allow you), your husbands closet (if he was smaller than you some of his shirts may fit you, and lastly your children. Seriously now that I've lost weight my daughters shirts now fit me.

4) Time yourself and go shopping for expensive clothes at sizes you think you may be for a while. For me when I started (over a year ago) I was a size 14/16. I could wear 14's for about two months. Same thing for the size 12's. Had I not had any clothes in size 12 I would have bought 2-3 pairs of pants with the mindset that I could wear them for about two months.

5) Have your oversized clothes taken in. This can be pricey but if you have a favorite item that you can't do without have them taken in once or twice as you lose.

Happy losing,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment