How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

157.0; HYAA Take that Scale!

Lost 1.8 last week. Now I'm at 157.0. Really worked out some kinks in my calcs and my activity level.

I already shared this once but I thought I would share with you guys again in case you would like to try it.

Harris Benedict Formula= BMR*Activity-calories in=weight loss

Activity is as follows:

0-1 workouts= 1.2
2-3 workouts=1.375
4-5 workouts= 1.55
5-6 workouts 1.6
6-7 workouts 1.725
Hardass=1.9

I had 5 workouts last week so I'll take 1.6
My average caloric intake was 1539.

So plug the numbers

(1490*1.6-1496)*7=1.78 (i.e my weight loss for the week!)

It works you guys. Try it. If you are a little confused with the formula you can send it to me and I'll send you my spreadsheet for you to plug the numbers.

Next week I want to up the weight loss a little so I think I'll try to watch my intake of bread, pasta, and rice. I think this will only eat those before noon and see if my weight loss accelerates to 2.5. They say as long as the weight loss is under 3 pounds per week that you aren't losing muscle. How are you guys doing?

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I will try out the equation and see what I get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You showed that scale who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome. i understand the formula although i've never used it on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love your spreadsheet to try this, I've heard of it before but never understood it.

    bookenz at gmail dot com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete