How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Account Day 1 of Challenge`

Hey challengers,

Please email me with your weight for day 1 of the challenge. If you decided that you don't want to participate please email me at mparham-seotsanyana@usaid.gov so that I don't send you any unnecessary emails.

I felt a little sluggish on my first day of the challenge. I had worked out every day since Thursday of last week so Monday was my fourth workout in four days. I jogged to Lumpini Park where they had an aerobics class. I did the aerobics class for 35 minutes and then returned home. Total workout time: 60 minutes

As far as eating I tried to measure everything as well as possible. Here is what I actually ate.

Meal Food Calories
Breakfast- 1 pc toast 70
1 egg fried 90
1 tsp butter 102
coffee 180

Snack Full Bar 160

Lunch 1/2 mango 68
3 oz fish 119
1 rose apple 25
4 tsp rice 52

Dinner 1 cup pad thai 344

Total Calories 1210

YIPPEE!!! My caloric goal for each day of the challenge was 1300 (If I do this and my starting calories burned per day is 1426 (low-balling) plus exercise at 1.725 (6-7 workouts per week) my new spread is (1426*1.725)-1300= 1159 or 2.3 pounds per week.

Question: Does anyone else out there calculate their spread like this to figure out how many pounds they should lose in a week?

Mandy

1 comment:

  1. I have found websites that do these calculations and I find them greatly valuable! As you know from my vlog, I am currently in my infancy of losing weight and trying to currently balance out my eating habits...

    ReplyDelete