How many pounds per week is a safe amount to lose

10 pound weight loss challenge

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Does anyone else do this?

After dinner I usually want a nice dessert. Something I can eat slowly and really savor. Instead this has become my routine.

I eat my meal.

I usually have diet coke in a glass with a few pieces of ice. After my meal I slowly sip the ice while I talk with my daughter about her day. It is kinda the same feel as having a drink with a friend sans the alcohol.

For the past week I've been able to keep from sending my daughter to the corner grocery store to get mommy her snickers.

Does anybody else do this. What else have you done to keep from eating dessert.

2 comments:

  1. I don't usually do dessert unless we have company over for dinner. But I usually do want some sort of evening snack after dinner. Most nights I try to busy myself doing something that requires clean (food-free) fingers... like scrapbooking or jewelry making. Recently, I've factored a small evening treat into my meal plans... something like a 60 calorie fudgesicle or a Special K cereal bar... something to satisfy the urge without adding a ton of calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually have a cup of tea, for the dessert effect I have a fruty one.

    ReplyDelete